- Desire to cool down the entire area
- Location of worker is not fixed / scatter around
- Heat Source is controlled / confine at certain area
- Desire to pressurize the work space to prevent the dust entry
- Desire to cool down the certain spot in a huge workspace
- Location of worker is fixed
- Heat Source is distributed all over the workspace
POSSITIVE / NEGATIVE PRESSURE WORKSPCAE
Positive Pressure Workspace
The work space is design where the fresh air supplied is greater than the exhaust air exit. This approach keep the keeps airborne contaminants out from the workspace, even when a door is opened, the positive pressure will not allow air from outside to enter the workspace.
Negative Pressure Workspace
The work space is design where the fresh air supplied is smaller than the exhaust air exit. The outside air will enter to the workspace from the open door or window. An example of this approach is at kitchen of a restaurant, so that the oily air from the kitchen will not spread to the sitting area.